Updated 8/4/2020 8:00 AM

Los Angeles County  is currently working through the Roadmap to Recovery from COVID-19. For information related to the reopening process as well as resources, links, and up to date lists of what is allowed to be open, please visit our dedicated reopening web page here:  Business Reopening Information


Governor Newsom announced on July 13th that effective immediately the following business types must CLOSE ALL INDOOR OPERATIONS. Fitness centers, worship services, protests, offices for non-essential sectors, personal care services like nail salons, body waxing, and tattoo parlors, hair salons and barbershops, and Malls.

Homeless Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City is working with several agencies in our region to address the growing homeless epidemic. A variety of services are available through Los Angeles County and information can be found by calling 2-1-1 or  find other resources available through the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) by visiting

LAHSA has also created LA-HOP, which is designed to assist people experiencing homelessness in LA County with outreach services you may utilize. Visit

The People Concern

One of Los Angeles County’s largest social services agencies, The People Concern was formed in 2016 in a merger of two trusted social service organizations based in Los Angeles County, OPCC and Lamp Community.  The People Concern is a leading provider of, and advocate for, evidence-based solutions to the multi-faceted challenges inherent in homelessness and domestic violence. 

They provide a fully integrated system of care – including mental and medical health care, substance abuse services, and permanent supportive housing – tailored to the unique needs of homeless individuals, survivors of domestic violence, challenged youth, and others who have nowhere else to turn. Visit

Addressing Homelessness - A Practical Tool for Community Members

(This informational brochure is brought to you by the member cities of the Las Virgenes-Malibu Council of Governments)

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I am homeless?

If you are a family:  Email LA Family Housing at or call (818) 255-2766.  Email is preferred.

If you are an individual:  Email LA Family Housing at or call (818) 255-2703.  Email is preferred.

If you are youth, aged 14-24: Visit the Village Family Service TAY Drop In Center or call (818) 755-8786.
6801 Coldwater Canyon, Ste. #1E
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Mon - Fri - 10 am - 5 PM; Sat 9 AM - 9pm

Our residents keep seeing the same individual(s) back on the street., and they do not understand.  What can I do to help them?

A little public education can go a long way in helping the community understand the nuances of the homeless issue.  Let community members know that even if law enforcement cites a homeless individual for breaking a law, it is typically for a small offense, resulting in minor or no jail time.   Emphasize to community members that homelessness itself is not a crime, and that the outreach process for placing someone into permanent housing can take some time.

What can we do about a homeless issue on City/public  property ?

Encampments on public property can be removed.  HOWEVER, specific protcals must be followed by both the City and law enforcement and sometimes the process can take up to two months.  Prior to clearing any encampment, persons must be given access to outreach services, and clearing warnings must be posted noting the scheduled clean-up-day.  The Los Angeles County Sheriff Homeless Outreach services Team helps oversee this extensive process.

These procedures help to ensure two things.  First, it helps people experiencing homelessness connect with services and housing rather than just relocate to a new campsite.  Second, it protects the City and law enforcement from liability, decreasing costs to communities resulting from litigation.  If you are concerned about an encampment,  please contact City staff at (818) 597-7300 for information.

Camping in Brush - Camping in the brush poses the potential for a brush fire.  If you see a campfire in the brush, contact 911 immediately to report. 

Private Property - Encampments on private property should be reported to the Malibu Lost Hills Sheriff Station at 818-878-1808.  If you are a reporting an encampment on someone else's property, the Sheriff's Department can identify the property owner, and check for a Letter of Agency one file, and/or can contact the property owner to see if they want the encampment removed.


LA Family Housing
(For Individuals and families)

Village Family Services (For youth aged 14-24)
6801 Cold Water Canyon Ave
Ste. #1E., North Hollywood CA
Walk-ins welcomed daily at TAY drop in center

Los Angeles Homeless Outreach Portal -  

Mental Health Support 

Sexual Assault Support

Domestic Violence Suport

Veterans Support Services
877-4AID-VET  (877-424-3838)

Substance Abuse Services Hotline (SASH)

View Full Site